How Long Do I Re-Heat My Meals?
We recommend 2 to 3 minutes in the microwave (cover with paper towel) or 25 – 30 minutes in the oven @350 (cover with foil).
Do My Meals Have an Expiration Date?
Yes, because everything we cook/serve is prepared fresh and never see preservative, your meals stay fresh for 7 – 10 days in the refrigerator. We do however have a disclaimer on Salads, do to the nature of greens we shorten the shelf life to 3 – 4 days in the refrigerator.
Can I Freeze My Meals?
Absolutely. You can freeze your meals, specifically if you do not intend to eat them within the seven day Best Buy Date. That said, fresh ia always the best. Please remember when heating from frozen additional time is required from that stated above.
OFD would strongly advise against freezing meals that contain Uncooked greens, like salads.
Can I Heat My Meals In The Oven?
Not only can you, but this is how we typically do it! Our new packaging is oven safe, just remove the lid, cover with foil (to maintain moisture) and we would recommend 25 – 30 minutes @350. But, re-heating times honestly are a best guess and will be determined by your individual preference and cooking equipment.
Does OFD customize meals to meet specific dietary restrictions? Such as Allergies?
Yes, we have been customizing meals for many of our Clients. That said, all we ask is that during your check out (in the comments section) you specify your specific needs. Also keep in mind that all of our recipes can be made to your specific requirements (example: A meal with Gluten, can be made using Gluten Free products). We also advise, that as hard as we work to sanitize and clean our kitchen, we do use many products containing: tree nuts, nuts, milk, egg, wheat, fish and shellfish. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (407) 347-9441
What time can I expect my delivery?
Orlando Area delivery times do vary depending on the number of local orders placed during the week. You can expect to receive an email on Sunday Night or Monday Morning, with your delivery window (Please Check Your Spam Folder). Now we will clarify, that we do our level best to reach your delivery location in that window, however traffic can cause delays. Thank You in advance for your understanding.
As for our Family Members outside of the Orlando Delivery radius, we use UPS. They have delivery time of 8 am – 8pm on delivery day.
Are your meals organic?
Unfortunately not 100%. We believe in doing everything we can to source Organic, but some products are very simply put, difficult to purchase.
Are your meals Gluten Free?
Unfortunately not all of them. That said, if there is a menu you item that you really wished was, just say so! We recommend you put your needs/request in the comments section at check-out and drop us a note via email or phone call email@example.com or (407) 347-9441. Momma always said it never hurts to ask.
Is your packaging recyclable?
Yes, everything is 100% recyclable:
- Boxes – Take the box and break it down, place it curbside per your specific City, Town or Village requirements.
- Insulation – The insulation is constructed from pre-consumer paper and is curbside recyclable and repulpable for an easy ecofriendly disposal. The repulpable paper is contained in food grade kraft paper. This product can be placed in your curbside recycling bin.
- Gel packs – They are water-soluble and non-toxic to dispose of, leaving no harmful chemicals behind and 100% inert and safe for the environment
- Food containers – Our food containers are made from Wheat Straw via our supplier Good Start Packaging. As there are many different types of fibrous plants that can be used to manufacture alternatives to tree-based paper products. The wheat straw that use for of our packaging comes from the stalk of the wheat plants. The stalks do not store protein, gluten or any other allergens.Our wheat straw fiber products
- Uses 10x less energy than tree-based materials to produce
- Meet FDA standards for gluten-free and non-allergenic products
- Are made from highly renewable resources
- Are microwave & freezer safe
- Can handle liquids up to 200 Fahrenheit
- Fully compostable in commercial (1-2 months) and home (6 months) composting
- BPI certified for commercial composting
Orlando Food Department Co. has worked hard to find environment friendly packaging/shipping methods that aren’t wasteful. If the area you live in doesn’t recycle certain materials, or you wish to research other options, check out Earth911.com.
How are your Catering Portions Calculated?
Very simply put it is PP = NP + FLR x L + AL (+/-) GL/GG + SL!
Which equates to:
- min. 4 people @ (12 oz.) or max. 8 people @ (6 oz) = 1/4 Pan
- min. 13 people @ (12 oz.) or max. 26 people @ (6 oz.) = 1/2 Pan
- min. 22 people @ (12 oz.) or max. 40 people @ (6 oz.) = Full Pan